This has to have been my most productive year for crafting … ever! Thanks to everyone who inspired me and kept me going.
I tried sewing … with less than stellar results. Here’s hoping I can do better in 2014.
I managed to make a few cards this year – mostly during our marathon session a couple months ago.
For fibery crafts, I started off the year blocking snowflakes I made in 2012. This is just a sample of the few I finished. I continued making my great love … doilies. And I managed to finish a different type of snowflake this year – a knitted ornament!
- Crystal Peak Snowflake by Snowcatcher
- Eyelet Lace Snowflake by JPFun
- Martha Stewart Crocheted Snowflake #3
- Flower patterned doily
- Knitted Snowflake ornament
- The Gift Doily #4
I made quite a few dishcloths and afghan squares again this year – trying out different stitches and techniques.
This past year I expanded my repertoire.
- I made my first knit toy: Elephante by Susan B Anderson. As a bonus, I even had a photo-op with the designer during a book signing!
- I tried Tunisian lace. This is the Sapphire Wrap by Kim Guzman
- I learned the star stitch and then improvised into making an afghan square. The instructions I had didn’t make for a nice edge, but I’ve come up with a better way.
- I finally finished a sweater for my daughter: Astrid Sweater
- I made my first pair of socks – the Blossom Cuffed Sox IV (and several new techniques!)
- Not my first cowl, but I learned the kitchener stitch for the Trimborn cowl
Up until this year, I only had one pattern designed and written up. And I’m embarrassed about it now. This year I managed to create a few new patterns of my own – some of which are available to the public.
- Snowflakes in June.
- Diagonal Stripe Washcloth. Available as a free download on Ravelry.
- Potato Lake Rustic Cowl. Available for purchase on Ravelry.
- Bass Mountain Hat – also a child version
- Mt Finley hat. Available for purchase on Ravelry
- Granny toy hammock
- Criss-Cross bath mat
- Black ribbed hat
- Teal coin purse
I discovered I love making hats!
- Adult’s Simple hat by Lion Brand
- One Ball Curvy Lace hat by Sweaterbabe
- Patriotic hat
- Ribbed hat
- Ribbed hat with mittens
- same as #22 – oops. I grabbed this picture twice.
- Montera Slouchy hat
- Strib hat
Ravelry says I completed 63 projects in 2013 – including two you haven’t seen yet because I just took pictures this morning and I’m saving them for Finished Object Friday :-). That doesn’t include all the sewing, card-making, jewelry making (which you also haven’t seen) and other misc crafts accomplished! I also didn’t mention our wonderful Cabin Crafting weekend. Oh, what fun this year has been!
Thanks for keeping me motivated!