S’mores brownies – as in, you’ll want s’more and more of these treats! They are delicious and simple to whip together.
I’ve made this recipe at least twice for events, and it’s always a big hit. Recently I made this along with another bar recipe for my take-to-work birthday treats, and there wasn’t a single bar that came home with me! Good thing I saved a couple for Papa and Little Chick.
The recipe starts with a good pan brownie. Note that this makes jelly-roll pan size (~15 1/2″ by 10 1/2″ x 1″) sheet of brownies, so it’s great for potlucks or big events. I’m partial to fudgy brownies instead of cake-like brownies, but these brownies are even fudgy-er than most other brownies I’ve found. They make an excellent base for the toppings.
Of course, I recommend using Homemade Marshmallow Fluff, but you could substitute store-bought for an even faster throw-together.
The topping consist of spreading the marshmallow fluff over the brownies, sprinkling with crushed graham crackers and drizzling with melted chocolate. Then the pan should be refrigerated for at least 30 – 60 minutes so the chocolate hardens again, and the marshmallow gets a little hard to make it easier to cut into squares.
- 6 oz unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate I use chips
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Homemade marshmallow fluff or ~7 oz store-bought marshmallow creme
- 6-8 graham cracker squares
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the top of a double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until thick and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Stir the chocolate into the egg mixture. Add the flour and salt; mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven until the center is just set, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Carefully spread the marshmallow fluff evenly over the cooled brownie. Crush the graham cracker squares and sprinkle over the marshmallow fluff. Drizzle melted chocolate over the bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30-60 minutes (overnight is ok) so the chocolate and marshmallow firm up for easier cutting.