I have really slacked off the last few months. After those shin splints, I took a break to heal … and never quite got myself back on track. Well, that ends today. Today starts The 2nd Annual “Living and Active” Challenge! over at Peak313. I participated in this last year and just like every other process I’ve been through, being accountable to other people really helps keep me motivated.
The challenge is three-fold:
- Physical: Exercise 4 days a week for the next 5 weeks. (25 minutes minimum)
- Spiritual: Memorize the new weekly verse/Soul Food (and do the key challenge.
- Accountability: Check in each week – on twitter, Facebook, instagram, through your blog, or comment on the weekly post.
There will even be a chance to win prizes for those that complete the challenge!
Here’s my plan:
- Accountability: Ask a friend to join in with me. I’ve contacted my best friend to see if she’ll join. Regardless if that happens, I may get one of my co-workers involved as she has indicated she wants to start walking again at lunchtime.
- Attempt to get up early to get my exercise in. I’m far more likely to make it happen … but a shift in our daughter’s sleeping schedule has made that difficult lately. I’m going to try anyway. My second fall-back is to go during my lunch hour. Last resort: take the whole family for a walk after dinner (sometimes dinner drags into darkness, so this isn’t always practical).
- Take it slow and easy. If I start running again, I need to make sure I’m interspersing that with walking and/or some other strength training.
- Spiritual: make sure to read and attempt to memorize this week’s “Soul Food” on a daily basis. It’s the only way I know it will stick in my head.
Over the last few months I’ve been stuck in losing and gaining the same 2 lbs over and over again. I’m hoping to boost myself into losing those last 7 lbs I had set for my yearly goal.
I’m also going to try hard to break my soda-drinking habit again (while I sit here sipping on one 😛 ).