What is a Virtual Assistant?
A simple definition is that a virtual assistant (VA) is a person who provides support services to other businesses from a remote location.
Now, I know firsthand how tough it can be to try and run a business and still be a parent! Besides, it is especially difficult to manage all the administrative tasks needed to run a business when what you really want to do is spend time creating! Right?
The great news is that help is available right here!
Why would I hire a Virtual Assistant?
Anything you do in your business that isn’t specific to your knowledge (like actually designing or creating) can probably be hired out. That frees up the limited time you have to focus on what only you can do. In other words, you are delegating!
The advantage to hiring a virtual assistant is that you get to specify what tasks your virtual assistant does without having to take on the responsibility of a full-time or part-time employee which adds on other administrative tasks like payroll and benefits processing.
Whether you need me for a one-time task or you are looking for someone on a regular basis, I would love to work to help improve your business!
Why should I hire you?
I have been a knit and crochet designer for several years and am familiar with formatting patterns, tech editing, industry standards, making graphics, managing social media, organizing pattern testing, and uploading patterns to sites.
In addition, I am a computer geek. That’s the simplest way to describe the business I have been in for 25+ years. No, I won’t fix your PC, but I have years of experience in managing websites and other technical (software) tasks, data entry, flow charting, and I claim to be a spreadsheet fanatic. My husband will also tell you that I love lists and lists of lists, because I can’t stand not being organized, which is helpful in project management.
I am constantly looking for ways to streamline and automate business processes so you (and I) can spend less on the little things that take up the majority of our time and money!
I am a hard-working, self-motivating individual who will respect your business practices and family time (as I expect you to respect mine). I am an excellent listener, good at written communication and documentation, and adept at resolving issues.
What specifically can you help me with?
This is just a sampling of some of the services I offer that could help your business:
- Website management. I have specific experience with WordPress.org (self-hosted) with Woocommerce, as well as WordPress.com and Blogger.com. I know what HTML, CSS, PHP, FTP all mean – so you don’t have to!
- Digital uploads and pattern sales on WordPress, Ravelry, and Love Knitting.
- Email and contact management. Specialties include Mailchimp and Moosend.
- Inbox management: sorting through your emails, filtering, auto-responses.
- Analyzing Google and social media analytics
- Project and Task management: organizing and streamlining. I have extensive knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, ClickUp, Trello, Zapier and IFTTT. (Note: at this time, I cannot support Asana.)
- Spreadsheet entry, formatting and reporting (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets).
- Photo editing. Specialties include Canva and GIMP.
- Social Media management. Specialties include Instagram and Pinterest.
- Basic Bookkeeping and inventory support through Excel, Craftybase, or Quicken Online.
Plus MUCH MORE!
If you can think of something you don’t see here, please contact me and we’ll work something out!
What are your rates?
Please note that these rates may change at any time.
I charge for actual time worked on your project, using an hourly rate at $25 per hour with a half hour minimum charge ($12.50). Billings are done in quarter hour (15 minute) increments. However, you can prepay for 20 or more hours for a 10% discount and all time will tracked as actual time (no rounding). At this time, I only accept payments through Paypal.
A website conversion is one-time fee of $150, not including the website hosting or website maintenance. I recommend the hosting site BlueHost which has an introductory rate typically less than $5/month (paid annually). Their plan offers
- one domain: locking down the name of your website
- free email accounts
- and SSL (site security)
I will gladly give you a free quote before any work is done!
How do I contact you?
Please fill out the form to start the process or to ask any questions you might have!